Wednesday 21 January 2015

Baked Doughnuts

DOUGHNUTS! On Facebook I follow a group called 'What Fat Vegans Eat' and today I came across this awesome baked doughnuts recipe. I had to omit the nutmeg and cinnamon as I didn't have any and wanted to make them today but I will be getting some! Definitely give these a go, they are less calorific as they're baked not fried. I made mini ones in tiny cupcake cases for naughty little snacks. C x

Recipe:
As quoted from the facebook group...
"Dry: 1 cup AP flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cinnamon Wet: 1/2 cup soymilk, 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, egg substitute, 1/4 cup vegan butter. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine the wet ingredient in a saucepan and heat just until the earth balance is melted. Combine with the dry ingredients. Scoop into donut pan and smooth the tops. Bake for 10-12 minutes for little donuts and 18-20 for regular sized donuts"
(For the cup measurement I just used a standard mug)

No comments:

Post a Comment