Tuesday 3 February 2015

Mediterranean Fajitas

Fajita Fajita! 
A quick and easy one - mediterranean fajitas. I love fajitas because they're simple to make and you can fill them with what ever veg/flavouring you want. When I was younger, before I was vegan, my dad used to make us fajitas quite a lot but since moving to university and cooking for myself I have only made them a couple of times. Why, I don't know.
This was the first time I had made fajitas this way and it was delicious. Took 15 minutes max, prep and cooking. Vegan fajitas are lower calories and saturated fat than your average meat filled fajitas as it is just packed completely with vegetables. You can't go wrong with vegetables.

Making the Fajitas:


 Add 1-2 handfuls (enough to fill your tortilla wrap) of Tesco frozen Mediterranean chargrilled vegetables to a frying pan. Add oil or some water if it gets dry but it should cook fine on its own as they have a lot of water in them. Cook on a medium heat until defrosted and hot - 3-5 minutes.








Add 1 tablespoon of barbecue rub (or any flavouring of your choice) to the cooking vegetables and stir in for 1-2 minutes. Make sure all of the vegetables are covered in the flavouring.










Assemble your mixture in a tortilla wrap. I included some spinach leaves, grated Violife cheese, Plamil mayonnaise and some red pepper houmous on the side to dip into. Roll your tortilla up and enjoy.










Tip for this meal:

Follow these instructions for a fool proof way to fold your fajita. I know the pain when you go to eat it and it all falls out of the bottom.


















Image: Searchpp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment